Sunday, December 31, 2017

Kerri Shying # 1 three sun bakers


three sun bakers
a Sydney morning herald story
        of the beach in peril and the press at a distance

baking nothing
  but the brains inside the heads
is what I read 
degradation of the press
now that’s a topic   for the new year
but I digress

three sun bakers and not a lot of bread
one tent  six ropes  a lady    (not a man)
to trip on that  unreasonably long 
guide rope  

tripping ladies   make the blood boil
(then go a light brown)  
after all it is
 a beach story

bread butter sand 
that grit between my teeth
sparking the electricity on the  mercury
fillings   and still

the mercury  up high
raising   the ire

rising 
 what about the olden days
kid  heads the shape
of  beachballs

the esky
 the lazyboy 
fairy bread
the daisy pole umbrella

it got taken by   
the strong  onshore  breeze and cartwheeled
until it stabbed a surfer through the giblets
    I want that back
    be that Sydney
blue-striped tent people you
shit me to tears   and
it is too crowded
    this is all I can do
 to express the way
it is
 to say    some of us
must move
or die


No comments:

Post a Comment