Thursday, April 12, 2018

Kit Kelen #22 - decide (for Melinda Smith)



22
decide

(for Melinda Smith - continuing our conversation) 
 

not being is a God's biggest problem
but there are many more
take gender
take createdness
a name to hide in a crime

where there's procession
there will be pitchforks and more to turn
try innocence on that

or we were never there
it's only we believe
because a truth has set us free
for which we're not responsible

have I mentioned pogroms, wars?
all in the name of love

then let me play for the fountain
till, tend, dance around the source
there is indeed a sky

I'm reading
and I am gone
a little smear of bloodless ink
forgotten in immensity
like the night before the bride

and I still want to save the world
and I still have this far in me
that all of it can be saved

let me be for you like old Hamlet's ghost
(another one who isn't/wasn't,
though we know him well)
I won't say 'swear!'
I say 'decide!'

No comments:

Post a Comment