Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Magdalena Ball #13 Metamorphose in Place after Kit Kelen thinking of Odveig Klyve's Norway winter

Metamorphose in Place


It’s the sound of cold, ice cracking
minus the ice

waves of sound flowing into the room
metamorphose in place

no birds because at night damp sets in 
fear slides over the skin, as a chill, as an opening

it isn’t nothing to watch the snow hard
even from a distance, sweat on my face
fingers numb with heat

asymmetry creates its own light
from memory, the pull of frost
where you might be if I can imagine it
hard, always fixed while I melt into it
letting the scattering take me
further into lightness

this isn’t a pastoral
it’s winter
night is elastic and endless
covered by frost
letting no light in 
except what it makes itself

it’s not nice being alone here
so I try to keep you
at least in a metaphoric sense
remade from strands of hair
from cells left casually on the bathroom floor

but I don’t really want to be saved
I don’t really want anything now
not darkness, not fear, not cold
just the sound of this silent beauty on frozen skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment