2
signature
tune
following
Jean Kent's #1 'Fly Away Names'
one
day my name leaves me
and
I'm left to guess a home
just
from where I'm with
there's
someone else sings this
was
stretched to fit the box
naughty
if ever written red
sometimes
printed block, now blank
like
PIN lost after a long flight
I
think I missed it in a dream
when
I was centuries from home
had
curled around appendage
cooed,
hoping for a stroke
and
can you smell my name?
was
given when I could not know
goes
with a certain style as popular
each
year, though there are stand-outs
let's
remember... in the garden all the names
went
too, then in a forest of falling spears
we
all came to bloom to wilt – still there
was
an inch of pride stood for the sun
where
I am in all the years of my kind
a
name would have shown that flit
between
anonymous – it catches in
a
certain light become a household
if
I'm gone and golden you could
name
things after where I have taken leave
went
to do battle, was on a crusade
or
took to bed for conquest, all whispered
it
had to be someone who saw what I'd be
though
they could not know all these days
convincing
myself, like stone inscribed –
a
cenotaph – this reputation for type and hardness
gone
to it then waking to the named day
like
a saint in wait and hair so long
you'd
busk a sun up new each day
hundreds
of years they are will be
still
calling, calling for me
to
office or to throne – a bubble
it
will be like this from now
No comments:
Post a Comment