What you and I say (and don’t) in my dreams
you say:
‘When we have unmet needs, we become the needs’
and
‘The money’s good, the best thing would be no more night
work’
and
‘Chalk it up to the ups and downs of the theatre’
I say:
‘Well, you’re tetchy today’
and
‘You could tie a pudding to me and sink me at this point’
and
‘Was that a literal question or a reproach?’
I think:
‘I should just tell her I’m terrified’
I wonder:
could I offer you a hug at the end of the session —
a child can offer an adult a hug sometimes
my first therapist says: ‘You don’t feel the touch of my
love’
(but is that really you?)
a client rings and leaves you a message: ‘I love you’
(and is that me?)
you ask me what the red marks are
and I say ‘I was pinching myself
to see if it was a dream’
No comments:
Post a Comment