Sunday, January 21, 2018

Vivek Narayanan #2: Current Materials, an Invitation

Hello my compadres,

Here below some of the ‘materials’ I’m currently working with.  I get a great many of them just by burrowing through the footnotes and commentaries.  I may find a way to turn these into poems, smuggle them into real? full-bodied? poems, or not. 

I would welcome you all to please feel free to incorporate, argue with or zing off these in your own texts.  Please do feel free!  Death to copyright!  (Sorry)  I am interested to see how you imagine these materials with your own.

p.s. – Rather than using confusing diacritics, I’ve tried to do phonetic spellings of the Sanskrit words.

Vivek

Current Materials

layhyaan – “lickable foods”

the commentator quoted
         his grandfather’s poem
   to explicate a line of epic

maha-veygah – “very fast”

when mountains had wings
the scourge among gods
      was to amputate them

roorodha hrydaye praanaan –
                  stopped   in his heart   those breaths




No comments:

Post a Comment