Friday, January 19, 2018

Kit Kelen #5 - en la dérive parfaite

en la dérive parfaite

(after Beatrice Machet, following Dominique Hecq)
https://conversationinpoetry.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/beatrice-machet-4-slipstream-of-moods.html



in fear of abstraction I went

the wailing and gnashing of tethe were all mine

my blood upon me
yours too

like in Leviticus
(meaning priest-stuff
as in God owns us
[much good may it do])

unclean in the morning
and that was a blast
(worth it to feel this way)

waking at this late hour

some days you can really get that drift
the funnel in the head

knowing time is a language sandwich
a little mouse nibble
and time for the next

time touches
and then time sets free

the skin subscribes
(or in the case of Kafka...
crimes pile up)

(the eye of the sun
is spying on me
)

make vellum ekphrastic
falling through frayed layers

till we are with the past
whatever being
that may be

I went on in fear of abstractions
off on a wild goose chase
the wailing and gnashing of tethe were all mine

if I couldn't taste it
couldn't touch it
still it might keep fresh in a bucket of brine

et loin de tout discours

insubstantial as a breeze come for us
(and I read things in that)

like the poem dug deeper
and deeper in stone
until it marks
a grave


No comments:

Post a Comment