responding
to 'the breathing thread' -
poems starting with Judy Beveridge and
followed by Tricia Dearborn and Susan Fealy)
we of a breeze begin
stain dwellers
tide turned
we catch
ourselves
awash away
begin into intensity
here because
there's breath left
*
because I'm here a word with you
and sometimes hard
to spit it out
begin because
there's still to climb
and we make mountain of it
all overgrown
this orchard I, squeeze --
tether me any sea so
*
then tendril touch
and all enfold
caught to be kissed, go on
guess again
come bright
of the vision sought
certain notes
spin up from the fire
or come through smoke
a pollen cough
then we're the dark of it thus far
- we're carbon creatures too
*
must have slept to here
the snoring!
stertorous
catch ourselves a wink
it's work
this cramming air in
of a whim
then witness
call the forest lungs
call forth
a word because I'm with you
take mine -- please tell on
--
*
all
of a breeze begin
invisible, as we are
it's the pores as
well
breathe
in breathe out
kup
hei fu hei
(Cantonese)
you'll
take it in the treetops
a
wingsit
huffed
and puffed to here
let
time be open-ended with
first
perfect with before -- a self
I
sit for they come as manna
*
then
a stillness of it
as
in death
but
here we are again
chemicals
is what the air is
even
when we're soil, respire
evenly,
especially
lives
depend as much on song
aren't
we reminded
confound
the skin of style
*
as through ether I was dreamt
for
a special radio rhythm
when
wind blows the reception
this
is my proposal for a volume of breath
(we
all contribute) against the fear of never doing
what
we haven't come to yet
*
sometimes
a fist will freeze
by
gust
and
then not a breath of it
so
steady on against
as
with cliff
to
clamber up
or
out of puff
mere
hill
with
all that think-I-can
*
rose
in nose much
fools
of a garden reach to this
when
bee to bud impatient flits
isn't
it for this?
spell
cast will resemble
a
smoke ring, though anathema
has
form to cloud the mind
the
nextness of our having been
is
all to go on here
*
best
thoughtless
how
hard can it be?
it's
in the blood - our pedigree
like
leaves blow in
the
door we've left
the
sacred thing
a
death away
always
just
thin
thread of breath
who's
happy with the ending?
why does the blog think it's Tuesday when it's Wednesday, I wonder?
ReplyDelete