Sunday, January 28, 2018

Kit Kelen #9 -- relict / re:licked (memorandum)


relict / re:licked
(memorandum)

after Greg McLaren





drawing a new coastline
with just this little ink
a wash
hard not but to think Norway

come closer ear of sea
and islands -- you lie further off

I'm telling this tale, am I not?

and is it sky draws on
so shaded from green thought?

lake longing to be ocean
the river draws the sea

you'd want to climb back in
from this heat
batten hatches
and the egg rolls away

the one perfect thing today
perhaps is I'm not telling

it's from which a world

the wobble!

look at this layer
the Anthropocene
they made some plastic, this mob

stage strewn in the Shakespearean sense

hither all before us
for eternity vast deserts

last sun is the brightest
all we leave goes to it

the only principle of comedy
must be that we survive

No comments:

Post a Comment